Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
Wausau Early Birds Rotary Newsletter
July 11, 2019
UPCOMING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Speaker Invocation Greeters
July 11 Group Work Day Pat Kinney France, Hagedorn & Havel
July 18 Greg Bardonner Dick Jarvis
July 25 Gary Bezucha Sheryl Hemp
August 1 Nathan Birchler Jennifer Havel Hemp, Jarvis & Kinney
August 8 Group Work Day Todd Hagedorn
August 15 Scott Brainard Gary France
August 22 Jean Burgener JoAnn Draeger
August 29 No Meeting
Our meeting was held at the kayak Challenge Statue. Thanks to Pastor Ray and committee for coordinating the raffle and for all of our members for selling tickets!! $8250 was raised for the club. Raffle winners were picked including club members Tim Bodette and Kalynn Pempek. In addition, the Service Above Self was awarded to Todd Hagedorn. Congratulations Todd!! Finally, the leadership baton was passed from President Jan Klosinski to Kalynn Pempek. Thanks beyond thanks are in order to Jan for the amazing job she has done as President of our club for the last year!!
Today is a group work day. The fundraising committee will also be presenting information to the group.
- For July 18, Greg Bardonner has the program and he has invited Pedro to give a presentation.
It is asked that members get their speaker information to Sheryl Hemp as soon as possible.
And…a reminder on speaker protocol…if you need to leave early, please introduce yourself to the speaker ahead of time and explain this to them. Thanks!
- Rebecca (Becky) Frisch – Director of Marathon County’s (Conservation, Planning & Zoning Department), also known as CPZ. 715-261-6000 or Rebecca.Frisch@co.marathon.wi.us
- Richard Barrett, Executive Director of Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau (715) 355-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joel Rueber (297-8114) to speak regarding: Making Your Spring Break Count Double: Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Destination opportunities.
- Kalynn Pempek and Steve Goetsch to speak in May about the new Aspirus Family House.
- Vicki Resech. MCDEVCO, Inc. – to talk about the new co-working and idea sharing space being established April 1 along with program offerings for Marathon County Entrepreneurs. (contact Jim Warsaw for contact info)
- Paul Whitaker, a professor at UWSP/Marathon County would be able to speak about zoology, the bat population, plant and animal biology, ecology, environment, climate, invasive species or organic agriculture. He can be reached at (715) 261-6284 or email@example.com
- Dave Anderson would present on his recent trip to the Rotary International conference in Hamburg, Germany.
- After mid-September, Deb Traeder would help to arrange for Olivia Hill as a guest speaker. She will be the new Executive Director of the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Deb can be reached at (715) 845-6279. Extension 101
MOBILE MEALS ROTATIONS
First Thursday of the Month - Gary France (Leader), Jim Warsaw, Patrick Kinney and Mary Weber
Second Thursday of the Month - Mike Schlichte (Leader), Gary Bezucha, Michael Loy and Greg Bardonner
Third Thursday of the Month - Nate Birchler (Leader), Jeff Zriny, Kyle Page, Aaron Mull and Kevin Sorenson
Fourth Thursday of the Month - Dick Jarvis (Leader), Pat Puyleart, Scott Brainard, Roger Utnehmer, Amy Wood and Tim Strasser
Fifth Thursday of the Month - Mary Weller (Leader), Rhonda Werner Schultz, Amy Wood and Beth Mueller
On call as needed basis - Jim Schulz, Randy Winter and Jean Burgener
July 11 Board Meeting
July 30 Our club attends a Woodchucks game
Sept. 2 Honor Flight
Sept. 21-22 Power Boat Races
Sept. 27-29 RYLA
Oct. 21 Honor Flight
May 1-3, 2020 District Conference - Oshkosh
Our club bids a reluctant farewell to Ken Moberg, John Kelly and Cindy Mueller. Thank you for your service and dedication to our club!
All are reminded to fill out a President’s Pantry form when bringing in an item. This will help keep a record for the annual dinner auction.
Gary France had his winning ticket picked. He then picked a black marble. Better luck next time.
- To Pastor Ray for the invocation.
- To our visitor Jack Hoogendyk. He is considering membership.
- Our Rotary club has sponsored the following groups and programs: The PAF, Honor Flight, Boys and Girls Club, Center Stage, Samoset Council, Hope Pregnancy Center, Meals on Wheels, Literacy Program, High School Scholarships, Radio Control Program, Celebrate Girl Scouts Banquet, Literacy Program at DC Everest, International flags, the Chart family, Women in Action, “A Walk in Their Shoes”, Good News, DC Everest Graduation party, The Grand, My Team Triumph, Walk In My Shoes, Talent Shop, Marathon County Foster Care Program and the Forrest Goetsch Charity.
- Dan Schaut has an updated list of Paul Harris information – please see him for your status.
- Ray Connor announces that the White family will be hosting our Rotary Exchange student Guillermo when he arrives in July. The Strassers will host our second student Karl for half the year with the Connors taking the second half of his stay. During Ray’s hosting duties, Jim Warsaw will temporarily become the RYE officer.
- For anyone looking to make up a club meeting you can go on-line at www.oneworldrotary.org Per Ken Moberg, it is easy and takes a short amount of time. Another way to make up a meeting is to go to the District 6220 website and click on “quick links” for on-line meetings.
Board meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month following our regular club meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
NEWSLETTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send any newsletter events, contact information changes, general information or ideas to Sheryl Hemp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Access the club web-site as managed by Rhonda Werner Schultz–www.wausauearlyrotary.org/ In addition, the district rotary web-site is ridistrict6220.org, the foundation web-site is rotary.org/foundation, and the general rotary site is rotary.org.